(update 5/27/12)Still love this place, great service, very knowledgeable about the area’s diving conditions and convenient hours open 7 days a week. I have purchased a steel tank from them recently and a sealife DC1200 plus the odds and ends.
Ok, so I am all about supporting the local little guy. I had used Deep Blue in Lauderdale by the Sea in the past for tank fill. Went to them to see if they could fill the shiny new steel tanks we got after our first dive. Hubby said to ask if they could do high pressure tank fills. I learned something new. Apparently my tank can hold 3600 psi. Score! More bottom time. Anyway they said they could fill to 3200 so we decided to look around. I recalled a fellow sea lover told us about Gold Coast Scuba before so we decided to search them out. Btw, thanks Debby with a y!
Gulf Coast Scuba is 3 blocks west on Commercial. Super nice guys. We met Steve the owner and bearded dude, his brother Brian.
Here’s why they are my top LDS (local dive shop) pick in LBTS:
1. No short fills. Steel tanks filled to 3600. They let them cool down and then top them up.
2. Open 8am till 7pm Fri, Sat, Sun. Open 8 am this morning Monday. Why is this important. For shore diving I can pack in 3 tank dives. You can also drop your tank off after last dive and pick up in the morning. Open 7 days a week.
3. $75 fill cards for 20 fills. That’s less than $4 fills folks
4. They are nice, not surly. They aren’t doing you a favor. They genuinely appreciate the business.
5. Family owned and operated and they work some damn long hours building up the biz.
6. support the area and other small businesses and partner with the local community for great events like BUGFEST 2012
Stop by and check them out. 259 Commercial Ave
Lauderdale by the Sea, 954-616-5909
Goldcoastscuba.net or shoot them an email at email@example.com.
They have scuba instruction, guided dives, equipment sales and rentals. They also cater to snorkelers and certifications for diving are available.
Tell them the Lynch’s say hey!