Shore diving visibility updates 6/22-6/30

I am growing increasingly frustrated with the lack of diving opportunities that are presenting themselves.  Was set to take a few days and head down to Lauderdale by the Sea for a few days but it appears that while shore scuba diving will be good today and tomorrow, Sunday things aren’t looking good.  The long range forecast is showing things clearing up again for next Thursday and through the weekend.

Vero Beach has been under 5 foot viz FOREVER!!!!  I was keeping my fingers crossed that a few flat days would calm things down but we are having surf, swells and storms that are not making that an option.

I am considering Bathtub Beach in Hutchinson Island just to get wet for the day.  I have put a few feelers out to see what conditions have been and hope to have an update in the next 6 hours.

I had an issue with my scubaboard regs not being serviced great for their annual from a new Scubapro dealer that I had not dealt with before.  I had 2 separate issues on both sets after the yearly.  I have since taken them back to where I got certified originally and where I bought my equipment, American Divers in Merritt Island.  Long story short, got them back and feel safe and better that my equipment will not have another malfunction.

Also ADI (American Divers) rents out fins.  I am looking to purchase another set of fins that aren’t full foot.  Makes perfect sense to me to try before you buy.  Thanks to Allen who comped my rental for a pair I am looking forward to try.  Full writeup on that later.

So, if you have any good plans for getting wet this weekend, shoot me a comment.

Venice beach may be in the mix as well for Sharks teeth.  Blue Heron bridge is probably going to be mobbed Sunday so I will not even consider that.

About daniellesdives

diving enthusiast
This entry was posted in East Coast Florida Diving and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Shore diving visibility updates 6/22-6/30

  1. Versipelis says:

    I shore dove Venice yesterday. The viz was about 8′ -9′, which is not bad, but the lack of sunlight made it much harder to find teeth. Looking forward to your report,

    • thanks, I am deciding whether to do venice beach or bathtub beach for sunday. The diving gods have not been with me lately. Have a pair of fins I wanted to test out before buying. stay tuned.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s